Tooltip doesn't work with styled-components v4

I realize that the peerDependency for this component is ^3.2.4, though I have been using styled-components v4 for months and now would like to incorporate AtlasKit into my UI to replace a ragtag collection of other dependencies. My code builds with the AtlasKit tooltip, however the tooltips never display on mouseover. Instead, I see this error appear in my console:

The “innerRef” API has been removed in styled-components v4 in favor of React 16 ref forwarding, use “ref” instead like a typical component. “innerRef” was detected on component “styled__Tooltip”.

Is there some way I can get around this? I’d really like to adopt AtlasKit but I don’t want to have to downgrade all my existing styled-components code to an older version in order to do so.

1 Like

Styled Components v5 will be out soon. This issue means that any project utilising the Atlaskit tooltip (perhaps other components as well, I haven’t checked) will be forced to remain two major versions behind. Some apps would greatly benefit from the improved performance of the newer versions.

1 Like

Hi all,

Copying from another post:

We do plan to do something around this. Primarily unblocking consumers from being affected by what css-in-js library Atlaskit components are using.

If you’d like please watch this Jira ticket Log in with Atlassian account and you’ll be able to see as it progress’.

Cheers! Let me know if you need any other info :slight_smile:
Michael

1 Like

Global nav tooltips are also not working.

Downgraded