Transition issue with required Cascading custom field child using API / Powershell

Setting parameters here

$transitionparams = @{

'customfield_13590' = @{

'id' = '14976'

child = @{

'id' = '14989'

}

}

'customfield_10227' = $resolution

If i remove the child, it accepts it but also requires the child to make the transition, feel like ive tried everything at this point. (Tried using value and/or id)

Finally the Invoke-JiraIssueTransition is below

Get-JiraIssue -Key $result.Key | Invoke-JiraIssueTransition -Transition 341 -Verbose

This is all using powershell

Hello @JoeHeaton

1. Does it work if you set the child for the issue separately, then perform the transition?
  2. What happens when you try transitioning the issue using the raw Transition issue endpoint using a test tool like Postman?
  3. What happens why you try using PowerShell’s native Invoke-RestMethod method, not the method supplied by the JiraPS module?
  4. When you tried supplying the summary of the child issue via the Child field, did you try like this:
    'customfield_13590' = @{
      'value' = 'The top level value, not the id'
      child = @{
        'value' = 'The summary of the child issue, not the id'
      }
    }

Hi Thankyou for this response!

I the exact script working fine for another customfield_ that is Cascading Select Option with Child.

Is there any chance this could be access related?

• Invoke-RestMethod responds with same error unfortunately.
  • Im not familiar with Postman but i can try it
  • Supplying child seperately doesnt work as the error asks for both parent & child in one go
  • I have tried values, ID and i feel every variation at this point, but knowing i have done it on another customfield option setup the same, makes me question access?

After more researching, i believe this to be related to the screen in which these fields are required on.

Screens require Administer permissions.

EDIT: Completely wrong assumption of mine, please ignore me. Still learning.

As a side topic, putting a field that is required for transition on a screen that only an admin can access does not seem like a very good issue management policy.

So you were right, that would be silly.

It is definitely how i am passing the JSON through the Powershell module which is the issue.

The main error i get is the following

Invoke-JiraMethod:  customfield_13590 ----------------- Can not instantiate value of type [simple type, class com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.rest.json.beans.CustomFieldOptionJsonBean] from JSON String; no     
single-String constructor/factory method

With $transitionparams being passed through as such:

Name                           Value
----                           -----
customfield_13590              {[child, System.Collections.Hashtable], [value, Site Support]}
Resolution                     {[id, 10203]}
customfield_10227              Resolution Summary

Looking at this, it definitely isnt liking the system.collections.hashtable?