Unable to inject storage format

I am using this script here:

var newBodyText = '<div class=\"carousel\"><ac:link ac:anchor=\"Anchor Link\"><ac:link-body><ac:image><ri:url ri:value="http://confluence.atlassian.com/
images/logo/confluence_48_trans.png" /></ac:image></ac:link-body></ac:link></div>';
jQuery.ajax({
    url: contextPath + "/rest/api/content/" + AJS.params.pageId + "?expand=body.storage,version,ancestors",
    success: function(response) {
        response.body.storage.value = newBodyText;
        response.version.number += 1;
        jQuery.ajax({
            contentType: 'application/json',
            type: 'PUT',
            url: contextPath + "/rest/api/content/" + AJS.params.pageId,
            data: JSON.stringify(response),
                console.log(response);
                console.log("Success!");
            },
            error: function(response) {
                console.log(response);
                console.log("Error!");
            }
        });
    }
});

But it’s throwing an error every time, and I can’t find out where. The image link is exactly as described in the Confluence Storage Document here. I also tried not escaping the escaping the quotes:

var newBodyText = '<div class="carousel"><ac:link ac:anchor="Anchor Link"><ac:link-body><ac:image><ri:url ri:value="http://confluence.atlassian.com/
images/logo/confluence_48_trans.png" /></ac:image></ac:link-body></ac:link></div>';
jQuery.ajax({
    url: contextPath + "/rest/api/content/" + AJS.params.pageId + "?expand=body.storage,version,ancestors",
        response.body.storage.value = newBodyText;
        response.version.number += 1;
        jQuery.ajax({
            contentType: 'application/json',
            type: 'PUT',
            url: contextPath + "/rest/api/content/" + AJS.params.pageId,
            data: JSON.stringify(response),
                console.log(response);
                console.log("Success!");
            },
            error: function(response) {
                console.log(response);
                console.log("Error!");
            }
        });
    }
});

That one errors out, too. This script always works, so I’m not sure what has happened with this iteration specifically. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Did You have an error response? You said that the script worked, what is different from working and current? Try to simplify newBodyText.

In the unescaped version, I receive the following error: SyntaxError: '' string literal contains an unescaped line break’ with the text debugger eval code:1:148. In the escaped version, I receive the same error SyntaxError: '' string literal contains an unescaped line break followed by debugger eval code:1:153. I have gone through this code a thousand times–and this is a code block directly from Atlassian in their own storage format. It should work.

In first codeblock I not see escape for this

value="http and 48_trans.png" /&gt;&lt;

Try escaping also them.

You’re right @andrewdvizhok ! I’ll try that now!

UPDATE: It worked! Thanks a ton!