Unable to run the Confluence server as well as Jira server

Hi Everybody,

I am working throw the tutorial {https://developer.atlassian.com/server/confluence/write-a-simple-confluence-blueprint-plugin/.
I run atlas-create-confluence-plugin/atlas-create-jira-plugin and call atlas-run and get error.

The error message:
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 27.154 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2021-07-23T13:16:39+05:30
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.atlassian.plugin:atlassian-spring-scanner-maven-plugin:2.1.7:atlassian-spring-scanner (default) on project myPlugin: Execution default of goal com.atlassian.plugin:atlassian-spring-scanner-maven-plugin:2.1.7:atlassian-spring-scanner failed: Plugin com.atlassian.plugin:atlassian-spring-scanner-maven-plugin:2.1.7 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: The following artifacts could not be resolved: org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:3.0.1, org.reflections:reflections:jar:0.9.9-RC1, org.javassist:javassist:jar:3.19.0-GA, org.springframework:spring-context:jar:4.2.4.RELEASE, org.springframework:spring-aop:jar:4.2.4.RELEASE, org.springframework:spring-beans:jar:4.2.4.RELEASE, org.springframework:spring-core:jar:4.2.4.RELEASE, org.springframework:spring-expression:jar:4.2.4.RELEASE: Could not transfer artifact org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:3.0.1 from/to atlassian-public (Index of maven-external/): sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

My settings are as follows:

ATLAS Version: 8.2.7
ATLAS Home: C:\Applications\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.7
ATLAS Scripts: C:\Applications\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.7\bin
ATLAS Maven Home: C:\Applications\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.7\apache-maven-3.5.4
AMPS Version: 8.1.2

Executing: “C:\Applications\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.7\apache-maven-3.5.4\bin\mvn.cmd” --version -gs C:\Applications\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.7\apache-maven-3.5.4/conf/settings.xml
Apache Maven 3.5.4 (1edded0938998edf8bf061f1ceb3cfdeccf443fe; 2018-06-18T00:03:14+05:30)
Maven home: C:\Applications\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.7\apache-maven-3.5.4\bin..
Java version: 1.8.0_271, vendor: Oracle Corporation, runtime: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_271\jre
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
OS name: “windows 10”, version: “10.0”, arch: “amd64”, family: “windows”

Could you please help me to solve the problem?

Thanks
Avinash

atlas-create-jira-plugin for the following link:
https://developer.atlassian.com/server/framework/atlassian-sdk/create-a-helloworld-plugin-project/

Thanks
Avinash

Hi there,

do you have an error like this somewhere “Invalid version number: Version number may be negative or greater than 255”?
If that’s the case you may need to get a java version that has a version number lower than 255 (refering to the 271: jdk1.8.0_271).
My collegue had weird problems and in the end it came all down to this.

Greetings

Hi,

No I don’t have any error like “Invalid version number”.
Even one of colleague successfully run the confluence with the same link.

Thanks

@LeroyElendt
The invalid version issue was found last year with newer JDK at that time, but was fixed back then. See: [CONFSERVER-60095] Confluence 6.x fails to start on latest AdoptOpenJDK 8u262 and OracleJDK 80261 - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products. for more details.
Thanks

Hi Avinash,
It looks like the cause of your failure is related Artifact resolution with reason:

Can you verify your maven settings? It seems your machine can’t fetch plexus-utils from public maven repo?
For tips, you can refer this page, although your issue looks to be with maven-repo, not Jira/Confluence.
Thanks

Hi,

I have the same error on a new computer, on the old computer it worked properly.
Is there a solution to this problem?
@ggautam How do I verify my maven settings?

Thanks,
Chana