Update footer comment (Confluence v2) explanation needed

Hello, I am once again having a few issues with updating a footer comment using Confluence v2. It looks like ‘_links’ needs to be added to the bodyData now which is quite confusing, can I get an explanation on why this needs to be included and, if it is, why it does not explicitly say this in a section called ‘Body parameters’ which is the usual protocol as seen in other endpoints such as update page. When I don’t include it I get an error message 400, stating that it has an invalid message. From my understanding ‘_links’ is usually only on GET requests so I want to know why it is included in this endpoint and its use. I have also noticed that if I include ‘_links’ with the base being an empty string it works but that seems odd to me. Any information would be much appreciated!

Can you share an example? I was able to update a footer comment without _links like this:

PUT https://[site].atlassian.net/wiki/api/v2/footer-comments/[id]
Content-Type: application/json

{
  "body": {
    "representation": "storage",
    "value": "Updated comment"
  },
  "version": {
    "number": 2
  }
}
1 Like

Hi sorry it is working today! I have no clue why it didn’t work on Monday. Thanks for looking into this though, I really appreciate it!

1 Like