I have inherited a rather large atlassian plugin project. The maven project has many submodules, builds multiple separate plugins that use each other too via osgi. The project was made for a version that’s now end of life, and I’ve got the task to upgrade the code to the latest version. The code uses spring extensively, and osgi with scanner v1.
Can I use scanner v1 with the latest atlassian code?
How should I go about the upgrade? I don’t find any documentation about this. I think the steps I should take should be something like this:
- get the latest atlassian sdk
- bump versions in the pom.xml files (sdk, used atlassian server etc)
- replace the deprecated / removed API calls
- bump all the third party libraries (mainly spring ones) that the atlassian server provide to the exact version I can find on the server, with provided scope of course
- bump the rest of the third party libraries (not provided by the server) to the newest if possible
- check the dependencies with maven dependency:tree
and hope for the best?
Any thoughts on this? Any tutorials / howtos etc?