Upload attachment from app iframe via AP.request on Chrome with 'Strict site isolation' does not work

This is not a question, but I just want to let every Confluence Cloud (probably the same with all other AP implementers) developer know, that in Chrome ‘Strict site isolation’ (chrome://flags/#enable-site-per-process) feature (which is/was the recommended mitigation for Spectre / Meltdown) makes your iframe attachment upload fail.
The request silently gets cancelled and you just don’t get called back from AP, but you can see it in the developer tools.
The example code here Request does not work in that case.
If you have any workarounds or at least know how to tell from the iframe that this won’t work, let me know.
Cheers, Christoffer

2 Likes

hi @christoffer,

Did you create a ticket for this somewhere?
If not could you please create a ticket about it in our Developer Support service desk?

That will help us follow up on this in a more organized way.

Cheers,
Peter

Hi,

I have the exact same issue and it is a huge problem for our add-on. After checking my settings I have seen that ‘Strict site isolation’ is disabled, so I do not think that this is the problem.

@christoffer Have you already found a workaround? Have you created a ticket?

Cheers,
Peter

Hi @pete ,

no I have not opened a ticket.
Nor have I found a workaround; we only used the upload to improve UX, so we did not role out that improvement. Users have to upload the attachments using the normal Confluence upload mechanism and can use them afterwards with our app / macro.

Maybe you have been hit by the general problem of AP.request, which is said to be fixed: Using AP.request to fetch content from the Confluence host has recently stopped working? and Log in with Atlassian account

Hi @christoffer and @pete,

I was able to replicate the issue in Chrome wherein the upload silently gets canceled but the error can be seen in the dev tools. I have created the public issue CONFCLOUD-61372 for us to track the progress.

Cheers,
Ian

3 Likes

Thank you, sir :smile: