User Format - Jira Server

Hi, I tried to use user format jira module called User Format. I used description on this page User Format but I’m not able to display section “User format” in “Look and feel” configuration. I also tried to debug the module and constructor of class ProfileLinkCursiveUserFormat is not invoked, plugin is enabled and there are no exceptions logged. I’m using spring scanner 2, so I removed @Scanned annotation and I expected that as the class used in descriptor, its constructor should be called automatically (similary as for Action). Is there any way how to configure default user profile or this option is removed and it is “only” available for usage in velocity templates using $userFormat.formatUser method?
I found similar theme here but it is not described at all, so I created a new one with more details.

Did you every find out about this?

I created a test plugin module for type fullName, changed the user format in look & feel and now every admin page is blank (http status 200 but only partial output). Logfile has

/plugins/servlet/upm [o.a.c.c.C.[.[.[.[jsp.decorators.admin_jsp]] Servlet.service() for servlet [jsp.decorators.admin_jsp] threw exception
org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'com.boeing.bda.jira.userformat.BDAUserFormat': Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor parameter 0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No qualifying bean of type 'com.atlassian.jira.user.util.UserManager' available: expected at least 1 bean which qualifies as autowire candidate. Dependency annotations: {}

Simple thing to fix, but I’m surprised it failed so catastrophically.