Users are not added to the custom fields in the multi-user picker after the automation rule is executed

There is a multi-user picker custom field. I want to run an automation rule using the advanced settings to add users to the above custom field. However, the rule execution succeeds, but the users are not added. Please let me know the solution.

The current advanced setting is below.

{
    "update": {
        "CustomFieldName": [ {
                "add":  [{ "id" : "{{issue.assignee}}" }]
            }]
    }
}

Best Regards,

Hello @KotaOgasawara ,

I am not 100% sure what you are doing, but from what I read it looks like you are trying to use an automation rule to add values to a multi user picker custom field.

If this is the case then you may want to check the following documentation page explaining how to do so: Edit issue fields with Jira automation | Cloud automation Cloud | Atlassian Support

If this is not what you are trying to achieve, please provide more details as well as the documentation and/or the steps you are following.

Cheers,
Dario

Hi @dbonotto ,

Thank you for your reply.

There is a “CustomFieldName” as multi-user picker that already added one member.
I’d like to add one more member(#) to the “CustomFieldName” who is assigned from specific group.
(#)I believe this member should be “{{issue.assignee}}” in the advanced field editing.

When the rule is executed, there is no error, but no members are added.

I have check the following page.

Best Regards,
Kota

Hello @KotaOgasawara ,

Before going any further, please notice this is not a development related question but a question on how to use Jira Automation. These kind of issues should be reported to Atlassian Support by using: Atlassian Support

For the rest, you say you have checked the page explaining how to add custom field values that I suggested in my previous reply, but you are not mentioning whether that solution works for you or not, so I am not sure how to proceed. However:

1. By reading the documentation page Convert usernames to account IDs, it looks like you should use: {{assignee.accountId}} instead of {{issue.assignee}}

2. It can be the case that you are actually trying to set a custom field value on a Team Managed project and that’s why the proposed documentation page does not apply. If that’s the case, you are facing a known issue tracked as: [JRACLOUD-75792] Automation for Jira doesn’t display User Picker fields from Team Managed projects and you can check the workaround section of the bug ticket.

3. If nothing helps. Please proceed creating a support request and/or a post in the Atlassian Community (not here, this is the developers community).

Cheers,
Dario

Hello @dbonotto ,

After some trial and error, I was able to achieve the intended behavior after correcting the part you mentioned me.

Before I ask here I have already request to the atlassian support that you sent me last message. But they said that this kind of problem is has to be request to developer community.
The ticket number is JPNS-48056.

In any case please close this case.
Thank you very much for your support.

Best Regards,
Kota

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know @KotaOgasawara ,

I am getting in touch with the assignee for JPNS-48056 in order to check whether the process changed, or if you have been sent here by mistake (the Atlassian community and the Atlassian Developers community have very similar URLs and names).