We have our cloud plugin and trying to develop Data center- does plugin go into their DC?

Hi
We have our cloud plugin and trying to develop Data center- does plugin go into their DC? I am trying to find out as Plugin developer do I have any additional cost for execution of the plugin or it goes into client Data center ?
And I see generally plugin Data center version is expensive than cloud version. Does any one know why that pricing structure?

Cloud and DC plugins are two different types of architecture/infrastructure. DC is based on P2 architecture and Cloud is either Connect or Forge.

Typically a DC plugin is a JAVA based app and has a different code base than cloud. However, some vendors were able to use the same code base in both platforms. All code is run in the customer instance without any connection to the outside. So it means that if you are using a DB to store your app’s data, it will need to be modified to store the data directly inside the customer’s DC instance using Active Objects.

As for pricing, I’m used to see the opposite: Cloud apps are more expensive than DC apps for a given users tier. That’s normal since vendors now need to host and pay for the servers/DB.

You can find a lot of documentation and tutorial on the web on how to build a P2 plugin.

Good Luck!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your response. I reviewed many plugins and the DC rate is 1.3 times the cloud. I was thinking the same as you mentioned that DC should be cheaper :(.