We just added user property APIs in Confluence Cloud

@RonnyWinkler
Yes we heard you and will release that restriction patch to our APIs sometime today. Please check back in a few hours from now.

Thanks and great to see this prompt feedback from our vendors.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback and we will discuss this internally.
Can you share your concerns about using Forge? We’d love your feedback.

@james.dellow :slight_smile:
Please note that user properties unlike space and content properties, are isolated at app level even though property applies to a Confluence user on a site level. So to say, app1 creates property {“key”, “value1”} for a user1 and app2 creates property {“key”, “value2”} for a user1. In this offering, these are two separate properties for us in the same confluence site.

Do you think that still helps your case for Connect Conditions? I’m assuming your app would be wanting to use something what content and space properties offer today: a property that applies to a piece of content or space and could be created, modified, deleted by any app/vendor/customer that possesses the permissions to do so.

Please let us know if you have any feedback.
Thanks

@JatinChopra Thanks for the additional explanation. That is useful, but the use case I have in mind is to avoid loading web panels, web items, etc, based on a user preference or flag using conditions. This would probably improve the overall experience for the user and avoid unnecessary calls to my app.

1 Like

Makes sense. But remember the property will be created by your app itself in the first place and looks like you want some of those keys to be integrated with existing connect conditions + supporting user as an entity type in addition to space and content?

Dear @JatinChopra

just in case Atlassian does not know it. Since last Friday the user properties stopped working - at least on our test systems. All POST requests take a long time (approx. 4-5 seconds) and then fail with 500.

Andreas

@andreas1 thanks for reporting this. Please retry now and we will investigate further into this.

Thanks

Dear @JatinChopra . Thanks - it is working again :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.