Webp preview support

Hi,

I am experimenting with WebP images attached to Trello cards.
The experience so far is that they partly work: they aren’t supported with previews.

I’ve tried this via the web UI as well as the Trello REST API and the behaviour seems consistent.

When uploading the file, it has a .webp extension and probably the contents are also okay, as once opened via the web - not just looked at on the preview level - it displays well.

The MIME type specified for the uploads is image/webp, I think probably things accord with standard expectations, so it seems at this point to be something that could be improved on your side.

Needless to say you might save a few bytes and cents in the long run too if this replaces PNG or whatever as this is truly coming across as a storage space saving format… “no push, just sayin’” :slight_smile:

Is there anything that would move this forward perhaps in the plans/could this function as a suggestion?

Thanks,

Janos

I’m not sure. Let me ask.

This feels like one of those things we’d add in once end users started complaining that .webp attachments weren’t working, so you might be a tiny bit ahead of folks.

1 Like