Weird white zone at the left of app iframe

Totally agree that the white space bar looks like from the other world…
Atlassian has put so much effort to polish the Cloud UI and now introducing quite a weird 20 pixels white bar that ruins this effort.

The blog post mentioned above had an email address specified for suggestion/recommendation and I sent one but got no reply for more than a week…

So, I copied the email here to hopefully get more attention:

I perfectly understand why you added that 20px padding as we were experiencing the same annoying left panel opening when moving mouse near to the panel’s border.

In ActivityTimeline for Jira Cloud app, we implemented 20px border of the color of the left panel within the app’s frame that was mimicking your current fix.

That looks much more natural and does not add a white separator between Jira’s panel and app’s left side panel:

So, the recommendation is to make the white bar of color of the let panel, and the change will be really simple for you - just change one CSS on your side:

Change this:

#content>div>.ap-container {
   padding-left: 20px;
}

to this:

#content>div>.ap-container {
   border-left: 20px solid rgb(7, 71, 166);
}

I believe that will look much more better for any app that have gray navigation panel at the left side or some controls as it will look just like the extension of the left panel.

Hope you could consider this suggestion!

Expanded left menu:

Oleh