What’s up with Jira & Confluence Cloud extensibility? A review and sneak peek into the future…

I’m looking forward to [ACJIRA-413] - Ecosystem Jira, thanks :grinning:

Thanks for the effort. Unfortunately it stays broken, although now it’s a different error:

A value with ID ‘19070’ does not exist for the field ‘project’.

Thanks @james.dellow agree that we need to be careful with the UX. Seems like quite a few apps would benefit from user profile extensibility, not many are blocked entirely but per user app setting could be useful to many.

1 Like

@christoffer project visibility setting for documentation stands in the way. Sorry about the confusion.

@PeterConrad or @JasonPhan can you summarise the recent documentation fixes and add links to pages we’ve improved in a comment?

1 Like

@hirota.takayuki thanks for bringing this up. This work has not been planned. Let me review this with the team and post an update on the issue by the end of the week. Getting this information from the user profile would be part of the overall user profile extensibility. Can you add some information about the app which needs that? Is this an existing server apps which you want to build for cloud?

2 Likes

Some thoughts on Confluence extensibility…

User profiles

I agree with @james.dellow about options to extend the user profile – I have a use case where adding screens within the user profile would be extremely helpful.

Macro input parameters

The new macro tutorial should give a worked example of how to use a macro input parameter of type attachment in Confluence Cloud.

Here’s some examples of people who have asked how this can be used:

I am not aware of a way to trigger this to work at all in Confluence Cloud.

1 Like

One Confluence blocker we have (and that we have raised before when asked) is the need for a API to send “workbox” (in-app) notifications and/or email as is possible in server/DC. No workarounds exist for apps to provide in-app notifications, and GDPR limitations make running our own email notification service impractical. Besides, it would be superior to piggyback on existing Confluence notification preference settings.

6 Likes

Super strong +1 for what @BobBergman said! Opening up the notifications to apps would be highly appreciated.

1 Like

Yes, the ability to send “workbox” (in-app) notifications and/or email would be great to have

1 Like

Conditions on webhooks would be useful too.

2 Likes