Where to get the source code of system plugins?

As the title states, I am looking for the source code of one of the system plugins of conflunence. Specificaly the confluence-jira-content plugin. I want to expand its functionality.

Any suggestions on how to best tackel this problem?

For now I got the .jar file through the sdk in an newly created confluence-plugin.

Best Regards
Christian

So… this used to be fairly straightforward, but it will be a bit more difficult now.

To get access to the Confluence source code, you will need a valid license. Previously, you would be able to get access with a $10 starter license. However, due to the fact that server is discontinued, you can no longer buy these licenses and will now have to jump trough a few hoops before you can get it (see How to obtain server starter licenses after February 2, 2021)

Once you have a license, you can download the source code from https://my.atlassian.com

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I already got the source code, because my company owns a valid licence for confluence.

I am sorry if this question is obvious if you have the source code, but I am looking for the source of this plugin:

<dependency>
            <groupId>com.atlassian.confluence.plugins</groupId>
            <artifactId>confluence-jira-content</artifactId>
            <version>${jira-content.version}</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>

which is loaded as a dependency in the conflounce source code pom file. I want to modify this specific plugin to customize it for our companys needs. So far I got the jar file. I can decompile the class files in there, but I was wondering if I am missing the right point to search for the source of this system plugin.

thanks in advance for your help.

Unfortunately it seems that atlassian does not provide the source code for all system plugins and you have to decompile the jar files. It is descriped in this articel:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-edit-bundled-or-system-plugins-302811979.html