Will "Read only mode" be available in the future for development server instances?

As it is said in the Confluence 6.8 Read Only mode information here :

" For testing purposes you can enable this dark feature and try it out on a Server instance, but the finished feature will only be available for Data Center installations. "

Will the read only mode also be available in future server versions (not only in 6.8 server) whenever the finished feature is released for Data Center?

but the finished feature will only be available for Data Center installations.

From that page, you link to. Looks like there aren’t any plans to bring this to Server at this time. If you feel strongly about this you should click the Feedback button in your Confluence instance and send your desire for Server to the team.

Maybe I did not explain myself clearly, my question was about the possibility to use the read only mode dark feature in future server versions (higher than 6.8) for development purposes (to develop for Data Center)?

Thank you

For testing purposes you can enable this dark feature and try it out on a Server instance, but the finished feature will only be available for Data Center installations.

I should have copied the whole sentence from that page that answered your question.

Hi Pablo, dark features are not designed for use in production environments. Also, it is anticipated that once the feature is released then a Data Center (developer) license will be needed for app development.