Alright, I found the issue. It was transforming the name of the app and partner to lowercase, but the case of the search filter was not adjusted. So searching for adaptavist would have worked, but Adaptavist did not. I fixed the issue, you should now be able to search case-insensitive.
Yes, the numbers come from atlassian and it’s basically a sum of all the users registered to the instances on which the app is installed. So it’s not the actual users of the app, but the potential users. That means that even with 21 installs, if one of those happens to be an enterprise customer with 20K users, your app will report 20K users in that list.
The purpose of this is to signal the impact of the apps. For instance, our Version & Component Sync for Jira app has a relatively small install base of 457, but due to the nature of the app it is being used by a lot of Enterprise customers. As such, the user count for that app is 583.771.
Atlassian uses this number also internally, as we were told when they contacted several times to ask if they could help us creating a Cloud version of that app. That was only because of the relatively large user base.