Ability to customize Jira Server scrum board

Hello Guys,
Is there a way to customize via a plugin a JIRA scrum board, so, we can add a section having a defined filter next to the columns of active sprint!?
I appreciate your help as I need to get back the client with an answer.

Thanks,
Rosy

Hi @rosy.salame – if we’re talking about Jira Cloud, you can add a web section at the top-right corner of the screen (rendered as a dropdown) using the location jira.agile.board.tools.

You can also pop a web panel in the board configuration page, using the location jira.agile.board.configuration.

See
Boards for more info.

Thanks @nmansilla for your quick answer!
Sorry, I had to mention that I’m talking about P2 plugins not Cloud as we didn’t migrate yet to Cloud.
Can you please help? Do we have similar functionalities in P2?

Thank you,
Rosy

Hello @rosy.salame,

When comes to P2 plugins there are usually even more plugin points (places) where you can pop your panels/information in.

If something is not possible through the plugin point, then you can always inject JavaScript code on the main page, build your interface from scratch and put anywhere on the page.

In other words, with P2 plugin you can do almost everything in Jira.

Good luck with building your plugin.

Cheers,
Jack

Thanks a lot @jack, indeed, we can do more functionalities with p2.
@All, do you have hints please , so, I can rely on? (Maybe similar functionalities in p2 of the ones mentioned above)?
Thank you,
Rosy

The following presentation shows plugin points available for Jira Software 7 onwards (start from page 13): JIRA 7: New APIs, New Plugin Points, New JIRA

Also, there is a great plugin that shows directly in Jira the possible place where you can inject your parts: Web Fragment Finder | Atlassian Marketplace

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Jack

2 Likes

Many thanks @jack for above links!
I will check them.
Thanks a lot,
Rosy