Add egress permission without bothering existing users

I want to deploy a new feature to my existing Forge app with existing users.

This new feature requires an additional egress permission. While the feature will be a useful addition, I consider it non-core.

1. Is there a way to make this feature available to new users, but not existing ones? I don’t want to bother the latter with a permission update for a feature that I consider optional.

2. Essentially I’d like to have two user cohorts (pre new feature, and post new feature) and be able to deliver future fixes/improvements that unrelated to the new feature to both cohorts.

From what I can tell, I can achieve (1) by running forge deploy but not forge install --upgrade. But then I won’t be able to satisfy requirement (2).

How can I do both (1) and (2)?

Hi, once you release the new version of the app with the additional egress permissions it will apply to all customers new and exisiting.

I’m not sure if you saw, but now that simplified user consent is GA major version changes don’t require re-authorisation from every single user. Only the admin needs to upgrade the app from the connected apps page.

1 Like

Thanks @AdamMoore . The new simplified user consent is great, but not exactly what I’m looking for. Cheers!