Adding a Tab into the Confluence Space Tools area

Is there an example that can be shared of adding a spaceToolsTabs in the descriptor connect file, other than the spaceToolsTabs docs, as following this example doesn’t seem to add any tabs.

1 Like

@iragudo give that you’ve successfully answered all my recent support requests is there any chance you know how to use this?

Thanks for the callout, @jbevan.

Hi @ratwal, by any chance are you using the location with a preceding “system.space.tools/”? I tried it out and having “system.space.tools/” does not add the tabs I wanted, however, removing it will yield the expected results. This is my sample module and the way it looks:

"spaceToolsTabs": [
  {
    "url": "/space-tools-tab?space_key={space.key}",
    "location": "overview",
    "name": {
      "value": "Space Tools Tab"
    },
    "key": "my-space-tools-tab"
  }
]  

Hope this helps,
Ian

1 Like

Hi Ian

The solution you provided has worked.

Thanks for your assistance

Ranj

1 Like

How do you make this available to space users who are not space admins?

The tab will be visible to anyone with space permission, but when a “non-space admin” clicks on the tab they get this rather lacklustre UI:

In fact you can see this in action in the Integrations tab on Confluence Cloud, which is visible for space users, because Atlassian forgot to add a condition to hide Slack Notifications from all but space admins, so you see the UI above when you click on the Integrations tab for spaces where you are not the space admin.

2 Likes

We found that using a combination of a space tools tab and a general page was a viable workaround. The general page is for the non-admin users, and while it renders as a full page it was acceptable for our needs.

"spaceToolsTabs": [
{
  "location": "overview",
    "value": "Admin Space Tools Tab"
  },
  "conditions": [
    {
      "condition": "user_is_admin"
    }
  ]
}
],
"generalPages": [
{
  "location": "system.space.tools/overview",
    "value": "Non-Admin Space Tools Tab"
  },
  "conditions": [
    {
      "condition": "user_is_admin",
      "invert": true
    }
  ]
}

This seems to be contrary to what @iragudo found, but works in recent versions.

Tim

4 Likes