Adding to Notification Panel

Is there a way to add a notification in the Jira notification panel (the popout panel when you click on the bell near the bottom left of the screen).

I have checked the REST API but can’t see it

Thanks
Paul

Hi Paul,

I’m Jo, the PM for Atlassian Notifications. Thanks for your interest in the notifications drawer! Adding notifications through the REST API is currently not an available functionality.

To understand possible use cases, what notification(s) were you interested in adding?

Cheers,
Jo

1 Like

Hi @jlee,

I have a plugin called Watch It which allows you to watch issues based on particular criteria . When an event occurs that the plugin is interested in it either sends an email to the specified user(s)/user group(s) or it can display the notification within Jira in a dashboard gadget. The gadget behaves in a similar way to the notifications drawer (notifications can be marked as read or removed).

The drawback of the gadget is that you have to visit it to see if there are any notifications. I would like to get rid of the gadget and put the notifications straight into the notification drawer. It would be nice to:

• Be able to do single issue notifications as well as a multiple issue compilation notification.
  • Have a reasonable control over the content of the notifications
  • Be able to specify the notification is for a particular user or users in a group.

It would probably also be sensible for users to have control to block notifications just in case a plugin get a bit carried away.

I have screenshots of what my plugin does at: https://www.redmoon-software.com/getting-started-watcher-it

Please feel free to contact me through here or directly if you have any more questions

Thanks
Paul

Hi Paul,
Did you find any alternatives to this? I am also looking to add some notifications/indication of changes for users to notify once he has moved out of the context window.

Hi @VishwajeetSingh, no, I just ended up using a dashboard gadget

Thanks
Paul

1 Like

Thank you for quick inputs.