Adding to the development sidebar

Hi,

I would like to move the location of a Jira connect app I wrote to either inside the ‘development’ sidebar or mimic the behaviour. I can not figure out how I would place data there or even mimic the details in the sidebar that open a dialogue.

I would like to add details for another SCM into this Development area. Or at worst show the same in a different label. Development seems to be a custom field, but I am not sure I can add to it.

At worst, I just want a button in the sidebar that would open a dialogue like development does:

Currently, I just display my app as a web panel. But we would prefer it tidied away. I have tried to create a webitem/dialogue combo but that didn’t work.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks,

Brett

Hi,

I have tried to add to the development status panel as well but was not as successful as I would like to have been, so opted to create an additional web panel with location atl.jira.view.issue.right.context which makes it show up on the right side just like the development status panel.
It is limited, I think, to just show a link with text which will open a panel on the right as well, so no extra dialog needed.

Cheers,
Mark

Thanks Mark. I tried going down that route too, but my issue is I need a lot more space to display information than the right context allows. Is there anyway to get that link open a dialog instead of animating into a webpanel?

I’m not sure, I didn’t get it to work and didn’t want to spend more time on it.

Maybe you can add a web-item to the atl.jira.view.issue.right.context location and have that open a dialog?

I also couldn’t get a web-item to show up on the right context. It isn’t explicitly stated, but this page Issue view UI locations seems to indicate that only web panels can be placed in atl.jira.view.issue.right.context. Development looks to be a custom field, but I also couldn’t see any way to make a custom field a link, or run some custom javascript to open the dialog.

One option, not that pretty but could work, is that you add a web-panel to atl.jira.view.issue.right.context and have it open a dialog (via the Javascript API) as soon as the panels is opened.