AMPS version upgrade to 8.3.1 is causing errors with atlas-debug command

As mentioned in the following announcement I have upgraded the maven version to 3.6.3 when I have upgraded my dev environment’s Jira version to 8.20.5 and AMPS version to 8.3.1.

Most of it seems to work, but I’m having issues with the commands atlas-debug and atlas-package. On these 2 commands I get the following error:
{{ Unresolveable build extension: Plugin com.atlassian.maven.plugins:jira-maven-plugin:8.3.1 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failure to find com.atlassian.maven.plugins:jira-maven-plugin:jar:8.3.1 in Central Repository: was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced → [Help 2]
[ERROR] Unknown packaging: atlassian-plugin @ line 14, column 16

can anyone please help?

CC: @m.herrmann @sash011

I have upgraded the maven version to 3.6.3 by following instructions from here .

Hi @PhaniGandrakota,

Thanks for posting to Developer Community. AMPS 8.3.1 exists, but in packages.atlassian.com not in the maven Central Repository. (Well, I can see a super old version there from 2015.)

You might need to re-configure your atlas-* tools. Can you try re-installing from these steps

which will re-configure your settings.xml to use packages.atlassian.com.

Regards,
James.

I stopped trying to upgrade AMPS as it’s not working out of the box with the current SDK. I may have been able to fix it on my computer (linux), but all of our plugin devs would need to follow these steps + CI/CD Toolchain will likely break too.
The most confusing part was that it’s working for most atlas- command while it’s not for at least these 2

@jrichards I am using the latest version of Atlassian’s SDK - 8.2.7 in my development environment. I am referring to maven’s central repository by following Atlassian’s announcement. Can you please explain steps to refer to Atlassian packages and find AMPS 8.3.1 from my dev env?

Please note if I point to Atlassian’s SDK’s bundled version of maven I am seeing this error when trying to build the artifact. I appreciate all your help in advance.

Hi @PhaniGandrakota,

Hmmm, all I can think would be to uninstall and re-install the SDK based on the steps in one of these

and then check that ~/.m2/settings.xml has the atlassian-m2-* entries.

Remember, AMPS and the SDK are not the same.

Regards,
James.