Any chance to get tool tip bubbles for the collapsed navigation menu

Just to make one thing clear, I really like the new design of the ADG3 navigation.

However it takes up a lot of real estate on my screen so I use the collapsed variant. Hence the need for the tooltips, it would greatly improve my navigation speed if I did not have to click through all available options before I find what I want, or un-collapse the menu, click the thing and then re-collapse it.

I have provided a screenshot from Bitbucket, I always struggle to find the correct page in there. I was looking for the history, but failed to find it without peeking on the un-collapsed menu.

Is this something you would consider? Or is it perhaps already in your backlog? What can I do to convince you that it is a good idea…?

3 Likes

@martin I’m checking with the team on this. Will get back to you soon.

@martin you should be able to do this with the latest versions of Navigation. Eg https://aui-cdn.atlassian.com/atlaskit/stories/@atlaskit/navigation/13.0.3/?selectedKind=%40atlaskit%2Fnavigation&selectedStory=with%20a%20few%20container%20items&full=0&down=0&left=1&panelRight=0&downPanel=kadirahq%2Fstorybook-addon-actions%2Factions-panel

Cheers for that!

Any news on if and when will this feature could be enabled on Atlassian services, for instance Bitbucket?