AP.request in android issue glance not working

Context
We have an app on the Atlassian marketplace called “Issue Beacon”, which provides an issue glance with jiraNativeAppsEnabled set to true. It worked well on all platforms, android and iPhone mobile apps included, but recently we released quite a big update after which I noticed the android version is broken.

Problem
It seems that AP.request in the android issue glance does not work correctly. Neither success nor error callback is called. The AP.request call itself does not throw any errors (at least I wasn’t able to catch any with try-catch). The same code in the Web, iPhone, and Mac apps work correctly tough.

The endpoint we try to use is ‘/rest/api/3/issue/${issueKey}’.
Jira app version: 78.1.4 (latest)
Android version: 11

This issue is urgent for us, so any help is appreciated!

4 Likes

We have exactly the same problem. Any updates on this?

Hi @artur.kruk - I’ve had a look from my side at your glance and have found an Uncaught RangeError: Maximum call stack size reached. I think this might be caused by our code, not yours but would like to try to sync up with you on that. Could you email us at jira-cloud-native@atlassian.com and we can set up some time to talk?

2 Likes

Hi @artur.kruk and @tarasbezpoiasko

We have found the issue and resolved it on our side - it will be fixed in version 82 of the Android app which is due to roll out in about 2 weeks from now.

Thanks again for raising, once v82 is available give it a try and let me know if you’re still running into issues. I have tested it myself and I can view the context issues glance panel (issue beacon app) so I believe we have resolved this particular issue. There is another issue we are still investigating a fix for here which may or may not impact your apps [JRACLOUD-76732] As a user on Jira mobile app, opening "Rule executions" on an issue results into blank page on iOS - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products. so check the status of that one if you test on version 82 and find your app still isn’t working as expected.

Cheers,

Josh

1 Like