Atlas-install-plugin can't resolve commons-httpclient artifact

Hi all,

I’m using Atlassian SDK 9.1.1. My add-on is configured to use jira-maven-plugin:9.3.1. I can run atlas-clean, atlas-package, atlas-run, atlas-debug, atlas-run-standalone without any errors. But I cannot run atlas-install-plugin for standalone Jira because it is going to fail with the next error: commons-httpclient:commons-httpclient:jar:3.1-jenkins-3 was not found in https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/ during a previous attempt.

Actually, I see that it ties to find commons-httpclient:3.1-jenkins-3 in several repositories, but the list is very limited (it checks it in maven-central, atlassian-proxy, atlassian-public, atlassian-plugin-sdk, central – for me, it looks like outdated list from previous sdk releases, but maybe I’m wrong here).

The util (atlas-install-plugin) also ignores all repositories from the SDK as well as repositories from my project configuration (in pom.xml). And I don’t know how can I fix it.

Here is a full log with -X key.
atlas-install-plugin.txt (98.9 KB)

How can I make atlas-install-plugin workable again?

UPDATE:

Atlas-mvn (and others) uses all repositories are defined in atlassian sdk (including repo.jenkins-ci.org). But atlas-install-plugin ignores that list for unclear for me reason. I’ve also tried to substitute the command with atlas-mvn com.atlassian.maven.plugins:amps-dispatcher-maven-plugin:install – no success. The same for -DremoteRepositories=custom::default::https://repo.jenkins-ci.org/releases – no success.

UPDATE2:
I can do something like that:

atlas-mvn dependency:get \
  -DremoteRepositories=custom::default::https://repo.jenkins-ci.org/releases \
  -Dartifact=commons-httpclient:commons-httpclient:3.1-jenkins-3

and finally get jar/pom in my .m2/ repo, but atlas-install-plugin ignores them as an artifact which was obtained from unknow repository in the current maven execution scope.

Guess they blocked it due to vulnerabilities.

To save time, downloaded the files from Index of releases/commons-httpclient/commons-httpclient/3.1-jenkins-3 and put to ~/.m2/repository/commons-httpclient/commons-httpclient/3.1-jenkins-3 and it works for me, also deleted unsuccessful download files that were in ~/.m2/repository/commons-httpclient/commons-httpclient/3.1-jenkins-3

It works, tanks! In my case, additionally, the atlas-install-plugin util had ignored it until I removed _remote.repositories in .m2 (which I’ve got because I decide to obtain the artifact via mvn dependency:get command which I mentioned above). The util (or maven itself, I believe) checks _remote.repositories and makes a decision based on it to ignore the artifact.