Atlas-release workaround needed

Hello everyone,
i´ve developed a small Space blueprint for internal use. Now I´m trying to get a jar or obr “release” of this Blueprint.
When running atlas-release I get this exception:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.atlassian.maven.plugins:maven-amps-dispatcher-plugin:6.2.11:release (default-cli) on project customerbp: Unable to execute mojo: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: NullPointerException ->[Help 1]

After googleing for the error code i founde this:
https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/AMPS-1107

So it seems this a bug in the Atlassian SDK. I didn´t quiet understand if it was resolved or how but on the amps version 6.2.11 I still get it.

So now my question: Is there a workaround for this?
I´ve read something that I should use maven directly instead of the altas-release command. But as my java skill are pretty low i´m not sure how to do this.

Will apreciate any help !

Thank you and beste regards
Irakli Edjibia

-------------------EDIT--------------
found this: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Tutorial-on-atlas-release-missing/qaq-p/513998
It says to use:
mvn:reprare and mvn:perfom
it also shows a example scm tag, in this tag they reference bitbucket.org/atlassian/amps
To build a release of my blueprint I probably have to reference our own git with the repository of my blueprint project instead of the bitbucket.org/atlassian/amps/ repository?

Yes. For scm you should use your own git.
You can read tons of documentation for that, but usually the order goes like

mvn release:prepare -DdryRun=true
mvn release:prepare
release:perform -DreleaseVersion=thereleaseversion -DdevelopmentVersion=thenewdevversion

Read an example of what is going on here

2 Likes

Hi Panos,
first of all thanks for your answer but I still cant get it to work. :-/

mvn release:prepare -Ddryrun=true
and
mvn release:prepare
fninshes fine without any problems! And prompts me a BUILD SUCCESS
but running mvn release:perform prompts me the following error:

The goal you specified requires a project to execute but there is no POM in this directory

After googling this error though I´ve found a workaround there:

So I tried
mvn release:perform -Dgoals='deploy -f parent_project_folder/pom.xml'
this time maven downloaded some stuff and worked quited longer then without -Dgoals but still failed with the same error message >_<

[Error] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.8.2:deploy (default-deploy) on project customerbp->SNAPSHOT: Deployment feiled: repository element was not specified in the POM inside distributionManagement element or in -DaltDeploymentRepository=id::lyout::url parameter ->[Help1 ]

Thank you!