@atlaskit/icon-priority is being deprecated

Hi all, I’m an engineer on the Atlassian Design System Team.

What is changing?

We’ve recently made the decision to deprecate the @atlaskit/icon-priority package. This means that there will be no updates or support for this package moving forward, although the current and old versions of the package will remain on the NPM registry in perpetuity.

Why is it changing?

The @atlaskit/icon-priority package is being deprecated because we are changing how some of our icons are hosted internally. Our goal is to ensure these deprecations are communicated more clearly going forward, so that our codebase accurately reflects the state of our design system and what is being maintained.

What do I need to do?

If you are relying on @atlaskit/icon-priority , you have two options:

1. Download the SVG icon assets from Bitbucket and self-host them, removing the need for a dependency on an unmaintained package (recommended). This link to a specific commit hash on Bitbucket will still be accessible even after source code is eventually deleted.
  2. Do nothing. The existing versions of the component will remain available on NPM, but we won’t be publishing updates moving forward. You may want to pin your version in the package.json to reflect this. Future compatibility with other Design System components will not be guaranteed, so this is not recommended.

By when do I need to do it?

We will be deleting the source code after May 9, 2022. The existing versions on the NPM package registry will not be impacted by this change, and this link to the source code will still work after the deletion date. (Note that you will not be able to access the source for this package on the latest master branch without going back in Git history.)

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.