Atlassian Marketplace Jira plugin/add-on application

Hey guys,

I have a question regarding app/add-on/plugin development to jira marketplace. So I have been following this documentation right here (Build a Jira app using a framework) and was able to test this out on my local machine and having the add-on plugin installed to my Jira environment. However, I’m not 100% sure if I’m missing anything from the steps in that documentation. I kept getting an error when I was trying to publish a new app (Plugin descriptor not found (atlassian-plugin.xml)).

So I went inside my folder and add that filed in there based on the documentation that I found online in Jira. I’m not sure if I’m actually following the right steps of direction for developing this plugin.

Any help/direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Are you trying to publish your app on the Atlassian Marketplace? If so you’ll need to provide the url of the atlassian-connect.json file and make sure to select the radio box that it’s a url.

yeah, I’m doing the publish app through the atlassian market place. Does the url related to the host server url, where we store the atlassian-connect.json? Thanks

Yepp. It would be the full url for your atlassian-connect.json file. The marketplace will be polling that url and updates the connect installations whenever it’s changed.

I finally can publish it with the url, however, on installation, I use the generated token given, and I kept getting this error: “The add-on host returned HTTP response code 404 when we tried to contact it during installation. Please try again later or contact the add-on vendor.”

Does anyone know what is the probably issue with that?

EDIT: here is the link to my atlassian-connect.json hosted in the server, I thought it might be helpful to provide this as well.

https://wsna-cdn.azurewebsites.net/products/OneConnect/JIRA/OneConnect-Jira-ProjectOnline/atlassian-connect.json