Atlassian sdk 8.2.2 scripts broken (again...)

After an update to the latest version of atlassian sdk 8.2.2, scripts atlas-run, atlas-debug, atlas-integration-test (at least these ones) are broken.

Error comes from atlas scripts trying to build dynamically the artifactId of the maven plugin to use (eg: jira-maven-plugin vs maven-jira-plugin stored in a MVN_PLUGIN var) by parsing your plugin pom file.
However, parsing is wrong and the MVN_PLUGIN variable contains at the end (at least on my environment) a wrong jira maven plugin name (duplicate with a carriage return in between). So, when the jira maven goal is executed, it fails because the plugin artifactId in the command is wrong, as seen in this console output (note the jira-maven-plugin appearing twice with a carriage return in the middle):
Executing: /var/opt/mvn3/bin/mvn com.atlassian.maven.plugins:jira-maven-plugin
jira-maven-plugin:8.1.0:debug -gs /usr/share/atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.2/apache-maven-3.5.4/conf/settings.xml -DskipTests

Maven build fails with the given error message which seems to be more related to a dependency issue than in fact having the wrong maven plugin:
Unresolveable build extension: Plugin com.atlassian.maven.plugins:jira-maven-plugin:8.1.0 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failure to find com.atlassian.maven.plugins:jira-maven-plugin:jar:8.1.0

Not sure where to post this, but if it can help others… (I fixed it by a “sed” to force MVN_PLUGIN:

sed -i ‘s/MVN_PLUGIN=${NEW_PLUGIN_ARTIFACT_ID:-OLD_PLUGIN_ARTIFACT_ID}/MVN_PLUGIN=jira-maven-plugin/’ /usr/share/atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.2/bin/atlas-run

(for atlas-run, atlas-debug, atlas-integration-test)

I know, it’s probably not the best fix, but knowing atlas-sdk scripts are messed up each time there is a new release, no time to spend fixing this in a way fitting all the cases.
8.0.6: Atlassian Plugin SDK 8 & atlas-integration-test
8.0.16: Atlas-integration-test ignoring products in pom.xml on version 8.0.0+

Environment: linux mint, in a zsh console with an external maven (version 3.6.3) (ATLAS_MVN)

Have fun !

3 Likes

I have just replaced

MVN_PLUGIN=${NEW_PLUGIN_ARTIFACT_ID:-OLD_PLUGIN_ARTIFACT_ID}

with

MVN_PLUGIN=${NEW_PLUGIN_ARTIFACT_ID:-$OLD_PLUGIN_ARTIFACT_ID}

and this worked for me. Ubuntu 20.04, xterm

1 Like

Thanks, this seems to be applied in 8.2.6 already

1 Like