AUI Sketch libraries

I really enjoy using the ADG Sketch libraries for designing cloud apps. It makes my life as a designer so much easier.

We’re currently working on a server app and I was hoping to find something similar for AUI. I found this page with Sketch and Photoshop files: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AUI/overview. But it looks like this is very outdated, incomplete and not nearly as useful as actual Sketch libraries.

Are AUI Sketch libraries in the works? Or is there perhaps another resource that I should be using?

@jcheung @ldenton do you have any idea?

3 Likes

Hey Maarten, I’m following up with our AUI designer. He’s based in France so there’s some timezone delay between us. I’ll get back to you with answer tomorrow.

2 Likes

Are there any plans for Adobe XD library? Windows users want to use it too :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi @Maarten,
Thanks for reaching out!
Unfortunately, we don’t have anything as extensive as ADG’s Sketch libraries yet. We are working hard towards this, but it’s a longer term goal for us.

I can share our internal ADG in Server Sketch libraries with you. These are what we’ve been using (and growing) internally and will hopefully be useful for you as a base to build upon.

Please note: these are in progress and some will be incomplete. For further references to help build your libraries out, you can refer to AUI - Documentation and https://atlassian.design/server/.

2 Likes

Thank you Tim! I understand that it’s a lot of work. But even these incomplete libraries are a tremendous help.

Is there a way to get updates once your internal library grows? All little bits are helpful.

@Maarten at this point, there isn’t unfortunately. We’re working on it.
If it’s not too much of an inconvenience, you could check back in in the new year though and I can share any progress we might have made with you?

1 Like

Absolutely. I wasn’t expecting anything, but it doesn’t hurt to ask ;).

Checking back in the new year :wink:

Hi @Maarten, @boris,

The Atlassian Vendor Sketch plugin has just launched, Design your next app with the Atlassian Vendor Sketch Plugin - Atlassian Developer Blog.

You might have noticed that AUI and AK are gradually becoming closer in many ways and, although not completely consistent, the Sketch plugin will serve as a sufficient foundation to designing Atlassian experiences that are implemented using AUI.

Our Server design teams are using the Sketch plugin for the majority of their work and tweaking the design components when necessary.

Hope this helps!

Thanks @tswan. I’ve been using the Atlassian Sketch Plugin for a bit now and it’s a welcome addition to the existing resources.