Bitbucket 6.10 is an Enterprise release

Hello Developer community,

My name is Alex Lewis, and I work on customer-facing marketing campaigns for our Enterprise release program for Server and Data Center. I’m reaching out today because the Bitbucket team has designated version 6.10 (released last week) as Bitbucket’s first official Enterprise release, and I want to make sure that we give our vendor partners a heads-up ahead of any marketing campaigns.

What does an Enterprise release look like for Bitbucket?

We frequently hear requests from our largest enterprise customers for a designated long-term support version of Bitbucket, similar to those provided by our Enterprise releases for Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, and Confluence. These customers often face long testing and approval cycles for version upgrades, and would prefer a less frequent upgrade cadence. By designating 6.10 an Enterprise release, we’re providing a preferred option, and extending the same two-year support window for back-ported security updates and critical bug fixes that we offer in all of our Enterprise release versions. This gives customers the option to stay on an Enterprise release for longer, with the assurance of fixes for critical bugs and security issues regardless of whether a newer feature release is available.

What do I need to do as a vendor?

The Bitbucket 6.10 Enterprise release is functionally like any other minor version, so you don’t need to do anything differently. As you likely know, the EAP for the upcoming 7.0 release is now available, and we anticipate many of our slower-moving customers to land on this 6.10 Enterprise release while they prepare for the major version upgrade.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know in the comments below.

2 Likes