Bulk Operation App - Cloud

Hi there!
We’re publishing an App for Server/DC which is enhancing Bulk Operations and we’d like to port it to Cloud after receiving multiple requests from our customers pool. Is there any way to add Bulk Operations via an App in Cloud? We’re not that familiar with the Cloud approach (we have a working version of our other app though) and I’m pretty sure we’ve missed something or it’s not possible!
Thanks

Hi,

There are a few APIs in Jira Cloud for performing bulk operations like

• bulk create issue
  • bulk set issue properties
  • bulk delete issue property
    and couple more.

You can find them in our API docs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks!

Now looking for bulk project properties endpoints :pleading_face:

1 Like

Hi and thanks for the quick replies!
Unfortunately what I’m looking at is a way to add new Bulk Operations to Jira via my addon, which is what the app does for server!
I’m pretty sure it’s not possible but still wanted to check!
Cheers

1 Like

Could you be more specific what you are looking for? FYI, here are all the API endpoints related to project properties.

1 Like

Hmm. Let me ask our team about this.

1 Like

Hi @aagrawal2,

We would benefit from the option to read/set properties on multiple projects at once (bulk).
We use project properties to enable our plugin view in a given project (along with condition in the descriptor).
Currently, when a user wants to disable our app’s view for all projects and then enable for a single project, we need to iterate over all projects and pepper Jira with individual requests (which takes time on large instances).

I hope it is clear now.

Cheers,
Jack

1 Like

Hi!
On my side I’m looking add adding new options to the bulk operations. The exact idea as per our current App is to add the option to bulk Link issues (name: Bulk Linker)
This is something we achieved pretty easily on Server by reusing some java interfaces and patterns but I’m not sure it’s possible on Cloud!
Cheers

Hi,

Currently, this is not supported. You can raise the feature request for this via https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/JRACLOUD.

Cheers