Bulk un-archive tickets using REST API/ScriptRunner

I’m trying to un-archive some 13000+ tickets from a single JIRA project, and Atlassian support recommended that I use the REST API. I understand that the API call for this seems to be PUT /rest/api/2/issue/{issueIdOrKey}/restore via the documentation, but does anyone know if this is possible to automate via ScriptRunner, and if so what that script would look like?

Hi Skyler,
This sounds like an interesting challenge. I am surprised that there have not yet been other replies.
I am currently working with the ISSUE api and achieving sustained throughput of 1000 records per minute for issue creation/edit.
My focus is Jira Cloud rather than Jira Server, but APIs are APIs :slightly_smiling_face:. What is your target resolution time? Are you aiming to resolve this question on a DIY or consulting basis ?
R, Roger.

1 Like

Thanks for the response and sorry about my delayed response - this was kind of on the back burner for the last week or so. I was hoping to figure this out on a DIY basis, just trying to pick the collective brain here and see if anyone had run into this issue.

I was having a hard time automating via ScriptRunner - I think the big issues I was running into were related to cloud vs server.

1 Like

This article from the Support team may be of interest …

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/is-there-an-easy-way-to-archive-a-lot-of-issues-976766896.html.
It describes archiving, but should be adaptable to restoring.

1 Like