Can we use JIRA GREENHOPPER REST API's now?

I have used Greenhopper API in my Atlassian connect app to get velocity chart data but got an error message: 401 Unauthorized ( however, it’s working with basic authentication by giving username and password manually).

String response = restClients.authenticatedAsHostActor().getForObject(“https://seneca-global.atlassian.net/rest/greenhopper/1.0/rapid/charts/velocity.json?rapidViewId=77”, String.class);

According to Jira Rest API Document, Greenhopper got deprecated. But, jira is using that API to generate velocity chart.
Please find the attached screenshot of the Velocity Chart,as you can see behind that, Greenhopper API was used!

Any help is appreciated and Thanks in advance.

Hi @sriannapurna.kirla,

The Greenhopper API was intended to be private (internal to Atlassian use) from the beginning and never officially supported. We have supported the public Jira Software REST API for the past two years. What data do you need to construct the chart in your app? Can you use the Jira Software REST API?

Dave

2 Likes

Thank you Dave. I need each sprint’s committed and completed story points data to generate velocity chart. Greenhopper exactly provides that data. The problem with Jira Rest APIs is that they give the current status of the issue irrespective of the sprints.

2 Likes

Hi,

I also need the sprint velocity information.

How can I get sprint’s accepted story points via Jira REST API?

1 Like

I have the same requirement. Is there any workaround?