Cannot add custom fields to the JSM portal

Hi!
I’m trying to add some Forge custom fields to the JSM portal but I don’t seem to be able to do it.
From the request form admin, I can see my Forge custom fields but they are tagged as “Hidden”. However the configuration is correct and they should show up on the JSM portal. But they don’t.
If I create a request, I can see the Forge custom fields on the issue glance view.
Am I missing something? Or is it not possible to add Forge custom fields to the JSM portal?

Thanks for your help!

3 Likes

Hey @JulietteLallement :wave:

At the moment it is not possible to show Forge custom fields in the JSM portal. I found a similar feature request ticket for custom field types if you would like to follow it: [FRGE-778] - Ecosystem Jira

I have also asked the relevant team to see if any work is planned to support Forge custom fields in the JSM portal. I will update here and on the FRGE ticket with any new information as I get it :slight_smile:

Hope that helps!

Small update: I have heard back from the team and this functionality is planned for the future, but there are no concrete details to share at the moment.

If you wish to let us know what sort of use cases this would unblock for you I can pass that information on to the team :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Juliette,
we had to implement this all by ourselves. Thanks to [FRGE-189] - Ecosystem Jira it is possible to use JSM Forge modules for customers (not only Jira users) in service requests.

With Awesome custom fields for JSM | Atlassian Marketplace were able to provide our custom fields in the request form and the request view.

How do you manage to set the issue field value on the agent side?

1 Like

As I mentioned, our app is an extension, which only renders normal custom fields in JSM. So the agents view works like every other issue view displaying custom fields. In our case we are able to show custom fields provided by our base app.

1 Like

Hello @ppasler,
I have developed a custom field type using Forge for Jira Software. Now, I’m working on an extension to support Jira Service Management with the modules jiraServiceManagement:portalRequestCreatePropertyPanel and jiraServiceManagement:portalRequestDetail. Everything is functioning as expected.

However, I have a question: when a customer creates a request on the portal, what is the best method to set the value of the custom field type for the issue?
Thanks for your help