Cannot install example app in bitbucket cloud

Hi, I am new to Bitbucket. I am following the tutorial to create a bitbucket app. I have managed to do all the steps except the last one i.e. installing the example app.

This is the log shown in my console

Installation verification error: 401 Unexpected or missing JWT token, failed to verify installation.
POST /installed 401 1.247 ms - 63
POST /uninstalled 404 1.262 ms - 151
Installation verification error: 401 Unexpected or missing JWT token, failed to verify installation.
POST /installed 401 1.057 ms - 63
POST /uninstalled 404 0.964 ms - 151

My understanding is: I have to set a JWT somehow but I don’t know how. Please help!

This is the app I created.

When I go to installation url it asks permission to grant access afterwards nothing happens :frowning:

Welcome to the Atlassian Developer Community, @MuhammadIdrees !

I followed the tutorial just now and was able to successfully install the app. The only unique step I did was to manually install sqlite3. In the installation URL, clicking Grant access redirects me to https://bitbucket.org/account/addon-management where I can see the app successfully installed.

Are there any other steps or modifications you did to help pinpoint the cause of such errors?

Cheers,
Ian

Thank you for the reply.

Other than installation of sqlite3 I had to change the key inatlassian-connect.json since it was giving me an error that an app with same key already exists. Also I had to change the installation url to point to atlassian-connect.json since it was giving me application/json error when I was adding the app. Both of these solutions were taken from the community.

These are the changes I made all the rest of the steps are done same as the tutorial.

Ah, yes! I had to change the key in the descriptor file, too. Then when registering the app, I had to add to /atlassian-connect.json

Seems like we did the exact same steps but had different results :thinking: I’m currently stumped with this one, not sure what’s causing the issue you’re encountering.

1 Like

Thanks for the help.

I redid the entire process again and it is working now. :smile:

The first time I ran the command npm audit fix after running npm install which probably messed up some dependencies. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes