Change a field on a different Screen

Hi,

I would like to use REST to close an issue in jira.
Normal workflow for this operation is as follows if I do it manually.

MainScree Additional screen pops up
-------------------- => ------------------------- --------- => close the issue
Click Resolve button Fill the mandotory CF “reason”

Issue is when I try to change this CF(Custom Field) “reason” I get the error saying ‘reason’ cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."}}

How do I go about doing this.
I believe, before setting the CF, I will have to switch the screens but have no idea how to do it

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks

hey @kanishkagj,

Is this for Jira Server or Jira Cloud?

Can you please share the rest api call you’re making (be sure to block out the baseurl just for security reasons).

Are you also absolutely sure that you have the correct custom field value (the cf[xxxxx] one) in your call?

And how do you enforce the field in your normal workflow? Is this through the basic Jira functionality or through the use of a Marketplace app?

Hi Peter,

Thanks for having a look at this issue

Is this for Jira Server or Jira Cloud? This is jira server v6.4.14#64029-sha1:ae256fe

Can you please share the rest api call you’re making (be sure to block out the baseurl just for security reasons).

I’ve made the request through Jira-Python library and for all other CFs which is not in a different screen

Are you also absolutely sure that you have the correct custom field value (the cf[xxxxx] one) in your call?

yes, When I expand it I can see the correct CF
/rest/api/2/issue/CM-80946?expand=names,renderedFields

“customfield_11305”:{“self”:“http://jira0.internal:8080/rest/api/2/customFieldOption/12212",“value”:“Reports”,“id”:"12212”}

And how do you enforce the field in your normal workflow? Is this through the basic Jira functionality or through the use of a Marketplace app?

Its through normal jira functionality. When i clicked Resolve this new window pops up and I have to select a value from the drop-down list before pushing the ticket in to resolve.

Capture
Is there any way to get this done through REST

Thanks
Kanishka.