Changing icon for a bitbucket application

Hello,

I would like to know how to change

• the icon of my app
  • the icon for the repoPage declared in my descriptor

The only thing I have is the default icon from the descriptor given in the help. And there is no instruction as to how to change it.

Any help/hints?

Thanks.

• The icon will be sourced from the Atlassian Marketplace; the icon that you uploaded there for your app listing. That is why this will not work for development apps; because there is no Atlassian Marketplace listing for your app yet.
  • You can take advantage of icon property in repoPage for that. It would look something like this:
{
  "icon": {
    "width": 16,
    "height": 16,
    "url": "/my-icon.png"
  }
}

Cheers

Fantastic, thank you so much!

Actually, that does not seem to work.
There is the following description of my page. When removing the icon definition, it works out of the box. I tried to find any definition of the JSON schema but did not find anything available online.

Any clue?

Thanks.

"repoPages": [
   {
       "url": "/repoPage?repoUuid={repository.uuid}",
       "name": {
         "value": "MyPage"
        },
           "width": 16,
           "height": 16,
           "url": "https://myhostname/bitbucket/app/logo-16.png"
        },
        "location": "org.bitbucket.repository.navigation",
        "key": "my-repo-page",
        "params": {
           "auiIcon": "aui-iconfont-discover"
         }
    }
 ],

Though this is the right idea, your app needs to be listed in the Bitbucket Marketplace, rather than the Atlassian Marketplace, to customize the icon for your app (the two marketplaces are separate entities but we’re working on consolidating them).

Custom icons for modules are currently broken, but there is work being done to fix it. I’ve raised a public issue here to track the bug.

Also, these pages are helpful to reference when building a Bitbucket Connect app:

1 Like

Thanks for providing more details, hope the issue can be fixed soon!

Hi,

Any update here? Is there a way to get this bug resolve? This is a branding issue for apps.

Thanks.

@xcodinglabs the app icons are once again woking. Thank you for your patience.

That is fantastic, thank you so much, I will try this week end for sure!

I confirm this is working well! Thanks again for fixing it!

1 Like

Hello,

The functionality just broke again. There is how I use the icon. When I specify the icon, the app cannot be installed. When I remove it, the app can be installed again.

Any idea as to why it broke?

Thanks.

"repoPages": [
  {
    "url": "/repoPage?repoUuid={repository.uuid}&userUuid={user.uuid}&userName={user.nickname}",
    "name": {
      "value": "<title>"
    },
    "location": "org.bitbucket.repository.navigation",
      "url": "https://path/to/logo-24.png"
    },
    "key": "<mykey>"
  }
],