Checkbox Group - Removing Items on Re-configuration mangles the config data

Hi,

I am using a dynamically generated checkbox eg:

<CheckboxGroup label="Optional Fields" name="fields">
                {fieldOptions.map(field => (
                <Checkbox label={field.name} value={field.key} />
                ))}
            </CheckboxGroup>

It works well to add and remove items on first configuration. However, if I publish the page and then reconfigure it and try to use the checkbox group again, config.fields becomes an absolutely unusable nested array like [[, e, n, v, i, r, o, m, t, , , s, a, c, h, ], assignee] instead of [environment, assignee, search] - where assignee is the new added value and the old existing values were the ones that got split as individual unique characters.

(but it’s not actually an array, its a string which could be the root cause of the bug - looks to be related to some kind of iterator acting on a string that it expects to be an array)

Thanks

1 Like

Hi
I think this would be quite a small fix and happy to look at/fix the code for it myself if that’s an option?

Any update on this bug? I find that even when I do not reconfigure the checkboxes the returned value is still a string and not an array.

Hi Matteo,
https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/FRGE-244
This is the issue I raised for this bug, its assigned to someone but not sure what state its in, if you vote/comment there it might get prioritised higher
Cheers
Zac

1 Like

Hi @zacmetinxero and @MatteoGubelliniSoftC

A fix for this bug is underway and should be rolled out in a few days.

1 Like

Hi team, we’ve fixed what should be the root issue with Confluence’s backend not serialising arrays for config correctly — please let us know if clearing and editing your macro config still has these issues.

2 Likes

Fixed for me thanks

1 Like