Over the last year, we’ve been working hard to add asset and configuration management capabilities from Insight as embedded features in Jira Service Management.
Later this year, the Insight feature set in Jira Service Management will be renamed to Assets (aka Asset and configuration management ) for Cloud and DC sites. We’re making this change to make it easier for all customers to understand and recognise what the feature is and what it does.
What this means:
Name: Everywhere that Insight is used will be replaced with Assets or Asset and configuration management.
- For example, in the top menu bar between People and Apps, Insight will become Assets.
- In the Insight landing page, Insight will become Asset and configuration management.
- This change will take place across both Data Center and Cloud versions of our product…
- Location: You’ll find Assets in the same location in your top menu where you can currently find Insight .
- IQL : IQL (Insight Query Language) will change its name to AQL (Assets Query Language). The functionality will remain the same and will be backwards compatible.
- APIs: Customers will continue to use them the way they do today. We will support both /Insight & /Assets. No change.
- Apps : All existing Atlassian Insight Marketplace Apps will start referring to Assets.
What we recommend:
- We recommend that you start referring to Assets in your Apps and documentation.
Thanks and stay tuned, we have more quality of life updates coming your way!
All the best,
The Jira Service Management Team