Confluence Cloud home is getting an update

What is changing?

The home page in Confluence Cloud is receiving an update. This change modernizes the home UI, provides detailed views of your recent work, and improves the activity feed.

This change also includes UI improvements to the right panel which houses Forge apps using the confluence:homepageFeed module and apps using the webpanel atl.dashboard.secondary. The changes are only visual and all right panel apps will continue to be displayed in the new home page.

Forge App documentation

Webpanel app documentation

Why is it changing?

The purpose of the update is to modernize the UI of home and help users more easily resume work and stay up to date within Confluence.

What do I need to do?

App developers should confirm that the UI changes do not cause visual issues to Forge apps using the confluence:homepageFeed module and apps using the webpanel atl.dashboard.secondary.

By when do I need to do it?

The new home experience will be turned on for the Ecosystem beta group on December 8th, 2021. We will progressively rollout the experience to customers beginning on December 15th, 2021 and hope to complete the rollout by the end of March.

6 Likes

Hey @JackPaladin,

Love the new dashboard, great job! Any chance we can get a new web-item/panel location and forge module for the new panel on the left side?

I think many apps could greatly benefit from adding additional items to the list of “Overview”, “Recent”, “Starred”, and “Drafts”.

Cheers,
Sven

6 Likes

Great - on when?

Hi @pslootweg, the feature should be available now for instances in the Ecosystem beta group!

Cool. I was just pointing out that the original article didn’t provide a date :slight_smile:
And then some sneaky person goes and edits the post to make me look stoopid!

Hi @SvenSchatter,

We’re so glad you like the new dashboard! At the moment adding an entry point to the home navigation is not on the roadmap. However, it’s a great idea and is something we will discuss as we plan the next iteration of home.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.