tldr; Confluence Cloud New Editor represents links to Confluence pages as
<a href=%baseUrl%/spaces/%spaceKey%/pages/%pageId%/%pageTitle%">link title</a>instead of
<ac:link ac:card-appearance="inline"><ri:page ri:content-title="%pageTitle%" ri:version-at-save="1" /><ac:link-body>link title</ac:link-body></ac:link>, which breaks existing features.
When exactly this happens seems to be instance specific:
- on all instances I tried using a custom link text changed the storage format representation from
- on one instance I tried every link I created resulted in a
The effect of this is:
- link titles don’t get updated when a page is renamed
- export/import of spaces does not work - neither on a single instance (links point to non-existant pages) nor when transferring from one instance to another (points to pages on origin instance)
- the link is not shown in incoming links on the targeted page; consequentially a warning is not given when attempting to delete a page that would have incoming links (if they were not misrepresented)
- the link is shown as an external link in ‘Outgoing links’
- copy page tree API does not rewrite links inside a page tree
For bullet 1 we have had a DEVHELP-3892 ticket for this since 26/Nov/19, we had some feedback from @nmansilla, but the Confluence Cloud team never came back with any info
Now bullet 2 has emerged on some instances
This really sucks - this is not about some exotic combination of API calls inside an app, but it is pure Confluence core functionality.