Confluence Data Center Plugin Validator - problem with case sensitive table names

Hi, I downloaded and executed the Confluence Data Center Plugin Validator against our plugin in an attempt to validate it. However, when I execute it I get the following error:

java -jar cdc-plugin-validator-29525066.jar -installation ‘/home/user/atlassian/confluence’ -dbuser ‘XXXX’ -dbpassword ‘XXXX’ -dburl ‘jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/confluence’ -dbdriver ‘com.mysql.jdbc.Driver’ -dbfile ‘/opt/atlassian/confluence/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.43-bin.jar’

Sep 17, 2021 4:09:35 PM groovy.sql.Sql eachRow

WARNING: Failed to execute: select pluginkey, filename, data from plugindata because: Table ‘confluence.plugindata’ doesn’t exist

Exception in thread “main” com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table ‘confluence.plugindata’ doesn’t exist

So, I connected to the MySQL database that backs our Confluence instance and indeed found that the ‘plugindata’ table does not exist, the table is uppercase, ‘PLUGINDATA’, and it is case sensitive. If I attempt to select with the uppercase name it works, but fails with the lowercase name.

mysql> select count(*) from PLUGINDATA;

±---------+

| count(*) |

±---------+

| 4 |

±---------+

1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select count(*) from plugindata;

ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table ‘confluence.plugindata’ doesn’t exist

MySQL>

So, the Validator seems to be using a lowercase name for the table, but our Confluence instance has an uppercase name.

Am I missing something here, or is this a bug in the validator? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Confluence Data Center Plugin Validator:

https://developer.atlassian.com/server/confluence/confluence-data-center-plugin-validator/

Thanks!

1 Like

@Z123 did you ever figure out what was going on here? My experimenting has led me to believe that many built-in Confluence table names are uppercase when the backing database is MySQL, but lowercase in other databases, but I don’t know why that would be.

I don’t think I did @kashev, but I did get a lot of good help with other topics via their “Atlassian Performance Tools” Slack group, channel #data-center-app-performance-toolkit