I’m a developer preparing a Forge app for a niche currently served by a Connect-only app (Svn Gateway, app id 1212265). Two questions:
Is this app currently flagged to Jira admins as at risk of losing support after 31 January 2027, and is there a public list of such apps?
For a new Forge app targeting the same use case, does the 0% revenue share up to $1M lifetime apply from the first sale, and is there any migration or “replacement app” programme for customers of retiring Connect apps?
Welcome to the Atlassian developer community @OleksandrGats,
I don’t know if that one is. Atlassian shows that flag based on migration status and intent, indicated in the Forge Manifest with willMigrateToForgeBeforeEOS: Connect to Forge migration
I’m not aware that we make a public list of those.
There are no restrictions in the revenue sharing model based on overlap with existing apps. I’m not entirely sure what you mean by “replacement app program” but Atlassian does limit data migration to same app listing in Marketplace. It would create security issues to allow cross-app data exchange. Concretely, your Forge App could not be the target of data migration from the Svn Gateway’s Connect App.
I’m not familiar with that app and vendor, but I would strongly urge taking a very different approach for integrating Subversion with Jira Cloud than was possible on Data Center. Here are some of the modules I recommend:
Smart Link: For users, this would bring SVN up to par with Bitbucket, GitHub, and GitLab. But I readily admit this is not an easy recommendation; SVN doesn’t have a native web UI and this module was made for web URLs, not internal URLs.
Open DevOps connector specifically the developer information extension: For users, this brings commits into the UI without you having to build special UI. It also populates a data layer that can be queried in JQL and via Rovo Seach. This is easier than Smart Links but still could be tricky for on-prem SVN deployments.
Adding to Ian’s response. You can track app-level Connect-to-Forge migration statuses here: https://www.forge-apps.com/
To be clear, that site does not report on an app’s migration intent or the willMigrateToForgeBeforeEOS flag. It reports on the current Forge migration status of the app version released to the Marketplace. (Meaning, an app that is Connect-only today could be a Forge app tomorrow if the vendor releases the Forge version overnight. The website doesn’t know what’s in the works, only what is already released.)
However, all apps that are not fully migrated to Forge will display that banner unless they have an exemption from Atlassian. (According to the documentation, anyway.) So, you can semi-accurately assume the banner will be displayed on any app that is not fully migrated to Forge. This assumption will only be wrong for apps with an exemption, and I don’t know if there’s any way to identify that.
All that being said, I would NOT rely on the Connect EOS warnings as a marketing strategy. You might seem a bit foolish if the vendor releases a Forge version while you’re campaigning. For example, it seems the app you’re targeting is already fully migrated to Forge: SVN Gateway - All Forge Apps
I’ll add the Atlassian voice to this. Not that there aren’t gaps in Cloud Migrations. The signals of “at risk” are complicated and conservative. Atlassian is going to be prone to “false positives” in those “at risk” apps with many having simple mitigations. The “at risk” is a blurry signal mostly indicating we want an admin to handle mindfully.
You can track app-level Connect-to-Forge migration statuses
I think the site is tastefully and clearly branded by Siebert but, to avoid any potential confusion, that is not provided by Atlassian.