Could not install the file https://00000.ngrok.app/atlassian-connect.json. Check that the file is valid

I was getting the following error when I was trying to install locally our app.

The only way I made it to work was when I change the condition on atlassian-connect.json file.

Inside the atlassian-connect.json

"modules":{ 
  "generalPages": {
        "url": "/test-notifications-settings",
        "location": "system.settings.edit/yoursettings",
        "name": {
          "value": "Test Notifications"
        },
        "key": "test-notifications-page",
        "conditions": [
          {
            "condition": "user_is_logged_in"
          }
        ]
      },
"adminPages":[
      {
        "url": "/test-overview",
        "location": "system.admin/configuration",
        "name": {
          "value": "Test Admin"
        },
        "key": "test- settings-page",
        "conditions": [
          {
            "condition": "user_is_logged_in"
          }
        ]
      }
    ],
}

To fix the issue I had to delete from both modules the condition

 {
    "condition": "user_is_logged_in"
 }

The error,

Could not install the file https://00000000.ngrok.app/atlassian-connect.json. Check that the file is valid.
{"type":"INSTALL","pingAfter":300,"status":{"done":true,"statusCode":200,"contentType":"application/vnd.atl.plugins.task.install.err+json","subCode":"upm.pluginInstall.error.unknown.plugin.type","errorMessage":"Could not install the file https://00000.ng
rok.app/atlassian-connect.json. Check that the file is valid.","source":"https://0000.ngrok.app/atlassian-connect.json","name":"https://0000ngrok.app/atlassian-connect.json"},"links":{"self":"/wiki/rest/plugins/1.0/pending/35abc17-a2
e8-2b0","alternate":"/wiki/rest/plugins/1.0/tasks/35abcf41-84517-a2e8-21499f"},"timestamp":168662939,"accountId":"5e80000000","id":"35abc-2b0d4691499f"}
Add-on not registered; no compatible hosts detected

My team faced this today as well.

We are getting this issue locally the last month and we can’t run our development sites.
Today in the production we had the same “check the file is valid” and we cannot update our app.

The error locally is this

Could not install the file https://00000000.ngrok.app/atlassian-connect.json. Check that the file is valid.
{"type":"INSTALL","pingAfter":300,"status":{"done":true,"statusCode":200,"contentType":"application/vnd.atl.plugins.task.install.err+json","subCode":"upm.pluginInstall.error.unknown.plugin.type","errorMessage":"Could not install the file https://00000.ng
rok.app/atlassian-connect.json. Check that the file is valid.","source":"https://0000.ngrok.app/atlassian-connect.json","name":"https://0000ngrok.app/atlassian-connect.json"},"links":{"self":"/wiki/rest/plugins/1.0/pending/35abc17-a2
e8-2b0","alternate":"/wiki/rest/plugins/1.0/tasks/35abcf41-84517-a2e8-21499f"},"timestamp":168662939,"accountId":"5e80000000","id":"35abc-2b0d4691499f"}
Add-on not registered; no compatible hosts detected

Did you have something similar ?

@VakalosMixalis
Getting the same error as well and also noticed that deleting the user_is_logged_in condition from page modules fixes it. I’m not sure how many modules this affects but we had a webItem module in our app which also uses the same condition which doesn’t seem to be affected so at the moment it seems to be specific to page modules.

I raised a bug ticket with Atlassian this morning and am waiting to hear back.

Thanks for mentioning this.
We have this condition “user_is_logged_in” in more modules but so far for us, it affects only the “generalPages” and “adminPages”

Piling on, I’ve also just opened ECOHELPPUB-65, which is public.

Edit: Link changed to public issue, was private issue before.

We are getting this issue locally the last month

We thought it might have had something to do with the incident this morning but your comment makes sense now that I think about it. One of our other developers has been having a recurring issue with installing the app locally for a few weeks now. This might be the reason.

Hi All,
We are working on this issue. If you want to be up-to-date, please track progress on the below sources.
Public ticket:

Status page:

We will update the public ticket and status page if we have any feedback.
I appreciate your patience.

Best regards,
Damian