Custom editor with chromeless dialog

I really like what some vendors are doing with custom editors, Gliffy is a good example, lots of custom functionality. What I’m wondering is how to render such a custom editor with chromeless dialogs? Setting the ‘chrome: false’ option in the descriptor does not seem to work for custom editors. Does this require something more involved ?

2 Likes

Hi @TonyGoughAdaptavist ,

Perhaps you’re looking for a similar solution to @GeoffBullen in his Confluence dynamicContentMacro - Is it possible to open custom editor upon macro add topic?

If so, you may like to look at a Glitch app I created that provides a rough demo:

The example is a bit incomplete and glitchy, but will hopefully give you some ideas.

Regards,
Dugald

1 Like

Thanks for the pointer @dmorrow , unfortunately the Source code link there appears broken, though I can see what you are doing with a generalPage entry in the descriptor. The links on your initial reply there do work so I’m able to test that.

I can see that with this example you’re basically launching a dialog from within the initial editor dialog - I had considered that, but it’s a rather janky way to do things. Using the inspector tool we can see both dialogs present in this case:

Where the initial (top) dialog is not chromeless.

What I’ve noticed is that some vendors at least are not doing this - their editor loads immediately without popping out a 2nd dialog. There is only one ‘section’ in the dom and it is chromeless. Doing this is what eludes me at the moment.

2 Likes

The solution is to give the editor width and height values of 100%!

3 Likes