Data Center: Developer Licenscing

We are an open-source messaging platform that integrates with Atlassian products. We have plugins for our on-prem server product - including a Jira plugin that sits their server and interacts with the Jira API (Server and Cloud, and we have customers using DC edition).

We have some customers asking if we test our app on the Data Center edition, we don’t right now. It seems like getting a Data Center developer license is difficult and not part of the standard Jira developer free licenses.

Do I need to spend $12k to get the minimum server license for DC (500 users per year) just so I can test that my app interacts with the Data center Server API properly? We do not charge for our integration functionality.

We are considering developing a Jira Server plugin in the future as well, is there a program we can sign up for that would be appropriate?

2 Likes

There is a trial available:

You can trial Data Center clustering by downloading some or all of our Data Center products (Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, Jira Service Desk, or Crowd) and creating a new Data Center trial license in My Atlassian to enable active clustering.

If anyone has more information, please share!