Database migrations fail to run on Server 7.15.0 when starting in dev-mode

Hi there,

I’m trying to start Confluence Server 7.15.0 to test the compatibility for our plugin, but keep getting huge bunch of database migration errors and starting fails.

I’m using just the builtin H2-database for local testing. Also I have no home-zip in this attempted.

I keep getting just endless log outputs similar to this:

Caused by: liquibase.exception.MigrationFailedException: Migration failed for change set META-INF/db-changelog/9-remove-schedule-columns.xml::9-remove-schedule-columns::MPT:
Reason: liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: Column "SCHEDULEDATE" not found; SQL statement:
ALTER TABLE PUBLIC.MIG_PLAN DROP COLUMN scheduleDate [42122-200] [Failed SQL: ALTER TABLE PUBLIC.MIG_PLAN DROP COLUMN scheduleDate]
t liquibase.changelog.ChangeSet.execute(ChangeSet.java:637)
at liquibase.changelog.visitor.UpdateVisitor.visit(UpdateVisitor.java:53)
at liquibase.changelog.ChangeLogIterator.run(ChangeLogIterator.java:78)
at liquibase.Liquibase.update(Liquibase.java:202)
at liquibase.Liquibase.update(Liquibase.java:179)
at com.atlassian.migration.agent.store.jpa.impl.LiquibaseSchemaUpgrader.upgrade(LiquibaseSchemaUpgrader.java:30)
... 16 more

here is another:

Caused by: liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: Column "SCHEDULEDATE" not found; SQL statement:
ALTER TABLE PUBLIC.MIG_PLAN DROP COLUMN scheduleDate [42122-200] [Failed SQL: ALTER TABLE PUBLIC.MIG_PLAN DROP COLUMN scheduleDate]

So to me it looks like the database schema is possibly completely missing or empty before the migrations start?!?

With 7.7.4 that I used before, this didn’t happen, it started just fine.

Maybe it’s something to do with versions? I tried to find some version compatibility information in documentation for 7.15.0 but really couldn’t, should there be something about versions somewhere?

I currently have these versions configured:

<amps.version>8.1.2</amps.version>
<confluence.version>7.15.0</confluence.version>
<confluence.data.version>7.15.0</confluence.data.version>

I have Atlassian-plugin-sdk version 8.2.7 installed. Tried to find newer version as I’ve noticed that 8.3.0 or 8.3.1 also exists but I’m unable to find that anywhere. Maybe there is no MacOS version available.

Any ideas what I could try to fix this and make 7.15.0 start in dev-mode with my plugin?

EDIT: Ok, looks like this is a known issue: [CONFSERVER-60949] Confluence 7.11 EAP development instance keeps throwing "Failed to update database schema" caused by migration assistant app - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.

• Petri