Displaying user names for custom content

My app allows users to create custom content, at the time the content is created I record the user account id and I was hoping I could use that id to render their usernames on a custom listViewComponent which lists all the custom content for a space.

I’m aware of the GDPR changes and I don’t want to record the user’s actual name. Is there any safe way to render the user’s name from their user account id? Doing so will allow the user’s team mates to discern who created what.

1 Like

Hi @michael-k, if I understand correctly, Connect currently does not provide a component that the app simply provides account IDs to, but renders display names. The display names would end up in the app’s iframe so there is a trust issue there. Forge makes this kind of component a possibility whilst maintaining full trust since the Forge UI renderer could translate the account IDs into display names, avatars, etc. dynamically and there is no app iframe that risks the PD leaking out. A large list of accounts could be slow to render though.

1 Like